Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 11: Kase Wahe- Traditional Cheese Pie

I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Southern California. The last area I served was in Solvang, CA. It was during Christmas time that I was there. It could not have been a more beautiful, picturesque place to be at this time of year. My companion, Sister Weeks, shared this recipe with me. I loved it. I always think of this recipe at Christmas. I am sharing a few photos of Solvang too.

Image result for swiss cheese pie

Pie crust for one 9-inch pie
½ lb Swiss Cheese- grated
1 TB flour
3 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk or cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Line the pie plate with the pastry. Dredge the cheese with flour. Distribute the cheese evenly in pie plate. Beat eggs well, mix with milk. Season lightly and pour the mixture over the cheese. Bake 15 min in a 400 oven, then reduce heat to 300-325 and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment