Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4: Honey-Glazed Chicken

I am so glad I came across this wonderful recipe in our church cookbook. Thank you Tara for sharing it. I love the cayenne pepper in it.
Image result for honey glazed chicken

1/2 c flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 (3lb) chicken, cut up ( I use boneless, skinless)
½ c butter, melted and divided
½ c packed brown sugar
¼ c honey
¼ c lemon juice
1 TB soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp curry (I have to be truthful, I have never put this in)
In a bag, combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper; add chicken pieces and shake to coat. Pour 4 TB butter in 9x13 pan; place chicken in pan, turning once to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes. Combine brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder, and remaining butter; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment